The CrossFit Open Triumph Team Challenge Explained
In hopes of curbing initial questions, check out the video below explaining the breakdown of points and instructions you’ll need to get signed up for the CrossFit Open.
Below the video you’ll find a written summary of the 2018 CrossFit Open Triumph Team Challenge.
CrossFit Open 2018 Triumph Team Challenge
We are excited to announce our Team Challenge for this year’s CrossFit Open. There will be tons of ways to grab points, win prizes and have fun!
- ◉ Teams of five will be drawn on 2/23/18 @ 7:30 PM. These teams will be drawn at random and will include equal males and females to the best of our ability.
- ◉ To partake, sign your name on the board next to the 20 and up club board.
- ◉ Once teams are drawn, captains will be nominated within their team, team colors will be chosen and team names will be decided.
- ◉ All Open rules apply. Standards. Judged. Score Cards (regardless if registered for Open or not). Repeats (makes sure all cards handed in so judges get credit).
There will be tons of ways to get points, these include but are not limited to:
- ◉ Teams are given 2 points (1 point only if not registered for Open) for every athlete who completes a given Open workout.
- ◉ Teams are given up to 5 points for athletes who judge other athletes (name on scorecard, 1 point per athlete judged)
- ◉ Teams are given points for every athlete who finishes among the top 3 women or top 3 men (both RX and Scaled) in the gym per workout (in addition to their completion points) 1st=3, 2nd=2, 3rd=1.
- ◉ Teams are given 5 points if they win the “Spirit of the Open” award on any given week determined by the Triumph Staff (based on attendance at FNL-either workout or support, wearing team shirt, active spectating, fist bumps, etc).
- ◉ Check in on social media with #TriumphFNL (tag Triumph, coaches, teammates, etc.) when you are at the box for “Friday Night Lights” earns you one point per week for your team.
- ◉ Wearing your team colors during the workout.